Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bird is the Word!

Right after I came home from the dentist's with half of my face totally numb, my gramma asked me to go and fix the gas tube, which had finished in only one week because no one ever checks for leaks (i live on the first floor, and should it one day blow up, the reason half my face would be numb is because it would not exist!) Anyway, as i went to check the tube i found a little bird helplessly trying to fly but kept on falling back onto the ground grabbing the attention of all the neighborhood's stray cats. At that moment i thought that God must have made my gramma ask me to help her out for a reason; I was meant to save the poor little guy.

So I took the crazy thing into the house and consulted the best vet in town- the world wide web!
I could not figure out the bird species, but I got some instructions on how to take care of the baby bird until it can fly on its own. I was really happy at first since i was helping one of God's creatures and following the teachings of Buddha and all the sacred ones. But then i got really tired of having to feed the little thing every other hour and having to clean its poop. I am really disappointed in my paternal/maternal instincts!

I am at work now, and yes, the bird is in its box right on my desk helping me out with filing! I am glad my boss is understanding, but I really hope this bird can grow and fly fast! Afterall, i do not have the patience of the Buddha!

No comments: