Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chauvinist Childhood

Today as I was running some errands and waiting for a cab in front of a gate to someone's house, the door opened and a little girl no older than 5 popped her head out then took a step onto the sidewalk. All of a sudden another kid came out, this time a boy who looks a year older than his -i persume- sister, and started shouting. He then pulled the little girl's poney tail and said "come back in, whore!"

This is a small incident that tells about the idiotic gender inequality in this country that is so deeply rooted and taught like holy scripture. Once you are born with an extra peice of equipment between your legs, you automatically are braught up and taught that you are superior than any female in your family or anywhere in the vast universe even if she is older, smarter, more talented, stronger, or even if she is your mother. This is why this country will not advance in any way no matter how many efforts are made economically and politically if this disgusting chauvinist, sexist and patriarchal mentality is not eliminated. This is the twenty first century for God's sake!

In all honesty, and even though I am 100% against violence, the most prevailant feeling I had at the moment the little girl was humiliated and pulled back into the house was extreme fury; i just wanted to go slap the boy and put him back in his lpace, just like I would have if I had been a little girl ever insulted by a boy. I am goign to risk sounding like some nazi dictator, but I wish I could get the whole population a brain translpant!

No comments: