Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's about the Trees, you idiot!

The attitude that most employees have towards their employers, regardless of the type of workplace and whether the boss was nice or not, is that employees are always avenging from any boss actions by wasting office resources.

I definately see this where I work. My co-workers really think that since they are underpaid, their revenge can be presented in over-printing and photocopying, as well as wasting water. One of the interns asked me why I use recycled paper, and insisted I should use new paper and cost the organization more. He literally said "why are you saving them paper?" Unfortunately, my boss and I are the only people in the office who believe in sustainability and saving resources. Everyone thinks it is meant to save the organization money, and that we are cheap and they will punish us by using more paper than they need.

I have explained to most of my co-workers that we are accountable to mother nature and its creator before our boss, and that recycling paper is a way to save trees, our source of O2 that is decreasing rapidly. If you do not want to save the trees for the sake of the tree itself, or even for the sake of God, who would hold us accountable for destroying the earth we populate, do it for your own sake! Be selfish and think about wanting to allow your grandchildren and great grandchildren to live longer by providing them with more oxygen. So far, only one has been recycling his paper. It's better than nothing, i guess.

It is not about your boss, stupid, it is about the trees that keep us alive. If you want to "stick it to the man" try to go on a rally or write an opinion peice or start a freakin revolution; figure out who "the man" really is, coz it sure ain't the trees, and evidently, without the trees there will be no "man" and no "you" anyway.

No comments: